4.1. Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us including information such as your name, address, contact information, date of birth, employment history, education history, and social media handles/URLs.
(a) Where and how we collect personal information
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering to use and actually using the WiiA Services, or otherwise contacting us.
If you apply or are put forward for a role with us, or work for us (either directly or indirectly) for any period of time, we also collect your personal information, which may include your contact details, financial and payment details, details of your education, qualifications and skills, your marital status, your nationality, your national insurance number, your job title and your CV.
If you give us information on behalf of another individual, for example when putting that individual forward as your emergency/alternate contact or referee or next of kin, or by acting as that individual’s emergency/alternate contact, referee or next of kin, in providing that information to us you are confirming that you have sought and obtained, from that individual, permission for you to:
- Consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- Receive on their behalf any data protection notices; and
- If relevant, consent to the transfer of their personal data abroad,
and you shall indemnify us and hold us harmless against any claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable legal costs) and expenses (including taxation), in each case of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with your failure to obtain these permissions.
More particularly, the personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the products and features you use. For example:
- We gather information directly from you face to face if you come to our offices for information or to discuss an agreement and over the telephone if you ring us to make an enquiry.
- We collect personal information via our website, mobile applications and other technical systems.
- We collect personal information when you use our website or mobile applications to sign up to, participate in or receive a service from us, for example where you contact us, request information online, report an issue, provide feedback or enter a live chat.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails). We may do this for a number of reasons, such as to check the quality of our customer service, for training purposes, to prevent fraud or to make sure we are complying with legal requirements.
- If you visit our offices, some personal data may also be collected from monitoring devices and systems such as closed-circuit TV (CCTV).
(b) The types of personal information we may collect
When you use the WiiA Services and/or when you otherwise deal with us, we may collect the following information about you (the Information):
- Identity Data, which includes your first name, last name and gender.
- Experience Data, which includes your employment history and educational background.
- Contact Data, which means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, delivery address, work address, email address and contact number.
- Financial Data, which means the payment method and card association used to process your payments for your orders. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third-party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third-party payment provider to process a payment.
- Transaction Data, which means details about transactions you have made in connection with the WiiA Services, including the payments to and from you along with other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data, which includes your username, email address and log-in data, details of any purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey or questionnaire responses, and details of your next of kin, emergency/alternate contact(s) or referee(s) (note: you can delete or replace your next of kin, emergency/alternate contact(s) or referee(s) at any time by contacting us).
- Usage Data, which includes Information about how you use the WiiA Services. This includes your browsing patterns and Information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages on the WiiA Platform and what you look at and for, the page that referred you to the WiiA Platform and the click stream during your visit to our website, page response times, and page interaction Information (for example, clicks you make on a page).
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences with regards to receiving marketing from us and your other communication preferences.
- Other Information relevant to services, customer surveys, questionnaires and/or offers.
4.2. Sensitive personal information
In Short: Occasionally we may need to ask you to provide sensitive personal data. If we do, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we will use it.
We will not usually ask you to provide sensitive personal information. We will only ask you to provide sensitive personal information if we need to for a specific reason, for example, if we believe you are having difficulty dealing with your account due to illness. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we will use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to your ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, whether you belong to a trade union, your physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, and whether you have committed a criminal offence. We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
4.3. Personal information from third parties
In Short: We may receive information about you from third parties, and we may use this information to provide, improve and personalise the WiiA Services.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide, improve and personalise the WiiA Services. If you apply for a job with us, we may also receive information from those who provide references relating to your prospective or actual engagement or employment.
4.4. Information automatically collected
In Short: Some Information – such as IP addresses and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you use the WiiA Platform.
We automatically collect certain Information when you visit, use or navigate the WiiA Platform. This Information does not reveal your specific identity (unless your device name is the same as your name) but may include device and usage Information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, Information about how and when you use the WiiA Platform and other technical Information. This Information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the WiiA Platform, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.